- The kinds of personal information Fishingsales.com.au collects and holds;
- How Fishingsales.com.au collects and holds personal information;
- The purposes for which Fishingsales.com.au collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information;
- How you may access personal information about you that is held by Fishingsales.com.au and seek the correction of that information; and
- How you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how Fishingsales.com.au will deal with such a complaint.
What personal information does Fishingsales.com.au collect and hold?
Personal information is information about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Fishingsales.com.au will only collect your personal information when that information is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one of Fishingsales.com.au’s functions or activities. Fishingsales.com.au will only collect your personal information by lawful and fair means.
For what purposes does Fishingsales.com.au collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Fishingsales.com.au will only use personal information for the purpose that it was provided for (“Primary Purpose”) unless:
- You consent to the use or disclosure of the information;
- You would reasonably expect Fishingsales.com.au to use or disclose the information for a purpose related to the Primary Purpose;
- The use or disclosure of the information is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order;
- A permitted general situation exists in relation to the use or disclosure of the information by Fishingsales.com.au. For permitted general situations see S.16A of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”); and
- Fishingsales.com.au reasonably believes that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement activities conducted by, or on behalf of,an enforcement body.
How can you access personal information that Fishingsales.com.au holds about you?
Fishingsales.com.au will give you access to the personal information about you held by Fishingsales.com.au upon request unless:
- Fishingsales.com.au believes that giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to the public health or public safety;
- Giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- The request is frivolous or vexatious;
- The information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between Fishingsales.com.au and the individual and would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings;
- Giving access would reveal the intentions Fishingsales.com.au in relation to negotiations with the individual in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations; Giving access would be unlawful;
- Denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australia law or a court/tribunal order;
- Fishingsales.com.au has reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to Fishingsales.com.au’s functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in and giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter;
- Giving access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conduct by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body; and
- Giving access would reveal evaluative information generated within the entity in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
If Fishingsales.com.au holds personal information about you and Fishingsales.com.au is satisfied that the information is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading or you request Fishingsales.com.au to correct the information, Fishingsales.com.au will take steps that are reasonable in the circumstances to correct that information.
How will Fishingsales.com.au deal with a complaint about a breach of the Australia Privacy Principles?
Please contact Fishingsales.com.au if you believe that there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles. If Fishingsales.com.au cannot satisfactorily resolve your complaint, you can apply to the Office of Australian Information Commissioner for the compliant to be investigated and determined.
Collecting Information from Users
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Cookies and Applets
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be help responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Fishingsales.com.au may revise this Policy at any time by posting the altered Policy on the Fishingsales.com.au Website. Your continued use of the Fishingsales.com.au Website constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy.